Sustainability Incentives Scheme Updates
Posted: 30 Jun 2019
Just this week the City of Adelaide has released changes and additions to their Sustainability Incentives Scheme for the new financial year. From July 1st the Sustainability Incentives Scheme will be providing an extensive number of rebates for the benefit to those in the City of Adelaide, with the vision that owners and tenants of multi-storey apartment and commercial buildings invest in large solar photovoltaic systems and share the electricity that is generated.
“As shared solar can bring benefits and bill savings for owners, tenants and residents of multi-storey developments, it is an area of technology and energy market innovation that we would like accelerated progress,” said Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor.
Sustainability Incentives Scheme
The Sustainability Incentives Scheme will provide a range of rebates that build on the City of Adelaide’s community investment in sustainable technologies. The funding that will be available from July 1st includes;
Solar PV Systems; For commercial, non-profit, community and sporting clubs, residential landlord and concession card holders.
- 20% up to $1,000 for 1.5 kW to ≤ 10 kW
- 20% up to $2,500 for > 10 kW to ≤ 20 kW
- 20% up to $5,000 for > 20 kW
Shared Solar; For apartments and multi-storey commercial buildings.
- 20% up to $20,000 per site for sharing solar electricity in multi-storey premises (> 20 kW)
Energy Storage; For businesses, multi-storey commercial and non-profit community and sporting organisations.
- 50% up to $5,000 for energy storage systems
Controlled Load (energy management or smart systems); For all residential, commercial and non-profit.
- 50% up to $500 for smart systems that control approved appliances on the property
- 25% up to $1,000 for an energy management system that controls four or more electric vehicle charging stations
- 50% up to $10,000 for an energy management system that controls four or more electric vehicle charging stations with virtual power plant capabilities
Electric Vehicle and Bicycle Charging Stations; For residential, commercial and non-profit.
- 50% up to $250 for an electric bicycle charging station
- 50% up to $1,000 for electric vehicle one-way charging station (7 kW to ≤ 50 kW)
- 50% up to $5,000 for electric vehicle two-way charging station (7 kW to ≤ 50 kW) or electric vehicle charging station (> 50 kW)
Solar Hot Water; For residential and commercial.
- 25% up to $1,000 for upgrade or installation of solar hot water system
Energy Smart Apartments; For apartments.
- 20% up to $5,000 per year for energy efficiency measures in common property areas
Rainwater Tanks; For residential and commercial.
- 50% up to $500 for a rainwater tank larger than 2,000 L – plumbed into a single premise.
- 50% up to $5,000 for a rainwater tank – plumbed into common areas
Also available under the Sustainability Incentives Scheme is financial assistance in obtaining Carbon Neutral Certification for organisations, precincts, events, buildings and Performance Ratings (NABERS or Green Star Rating) for residential, commercial, non-profit and office tenants.
How To Apply
The City of Adelaide has stated on their website that the full application process will be posted on their Sustainable Incentives Scheme Page in the first quarter of financial year 2019-2020.
City Of Adelaide Leading The Way For A Clean Future
Since 2015 the City of Adelaide has contributed significantly in a clean future for its residents, hopefully leading the way for other major cities and states in Australia.
“Our incentives have helped dramatically increase the number of solar systems generating clean energy across the city and reduce power costs for many residents and businesses alike. Adelaide is staying ahead of the curve and helping ratepayers and entrepreneurs take up opportunities in the low carbon economy that save money, support business innovation and employment.”
Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor.
If you think investing in a clean future is for you, start receiving quotes from CEC Accredited Installers For Solar PV & Solar Hot Water!
Download Your FREE Beginner’s Guide To Solar Power!
If you’re considering solar for your property or just looking to maximise the savings for your solar system, download a FREE copy of our "Beginner’s Guide To Solar Power".
Become an expert and better understand the ins and outs of solar power and solar PV systems for your property.
Includes detailed explanations and diagrams of the various types of solar systems and their parts, solar battery storage systems, Government incentives, expected ROI periods, finance, energy saving tips and more!Download Your Free Copy Now!